Dinner in 10 minutes? You Betcha!
One of the things I learned from a speaker at the Cookbook Conference I attended last week (and yes, I promise to write more about it soon!) is that you don’t have to always post something super glamorous on your blog. Duh, right? Well, sometimes I get so caught up in writing the “perfect post” that I end up not posting at all. So I am giving it a shot. I thought my dinner tonight was perfect being that it took less than 10 minutes to make. No joke. And part of it was from a can YET I managed to get some freshness in!
- Rice (Had made a bunch of rice, then froze it, then defrosted it, so it was already cooked=easy peasy. And yes, rice freezes! Always make extra to have around!)
- Canned refried beans
- Green Sauce
To make green sauce, put the following in a food processor and blend for about 20-30 seconds:
- Handful of cilantro (thank you garden!)
- 1 tomatillo, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 1/4 – 1/2 of a jalapeno (depending on how hot you like it), roughly chopped
There that wasn’t so bad, was it?