Shredded Carrot and Beet Salad
I wanted a healthy, simple salad to take along to my friend’s ranch this past weekend. Luckily, I happened to have all of the ingredients in my fridge and pantry to whip up this simple and refreshing salad.
Cost per serving: $.56
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup peeled and shredded carrot
- 1 cup peeled and shredded red beet
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- Whisk orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, ginger, and salt together until thoroughly combined.
- Put the carrots in a mixing bowl, and drizzle half of the dressing on top.
- Place the carrots on one side of a shallow serving bowl.
- Put the beets in the mixing bowl, and drizzle the remaining dressing on top.
- Place the beets on the other side of the shallow serving bowl.
- Top the salad with chopped mint.
Recipe from The Cancer Fighting Kitchen by Rebecca Katz and Mat Edelson